The difference between Laboratory experiment and the field experiment is simple. Usually the laboratory experiment is conducted in an artificial situation. Where as the field experiment is carried out in a real-life setting.
2) Enumerate the different experimental designs.
Before – After or Pre test experimental design
After only or Post-test only experimental design
Quasi – Design or Post-facto experimental design; and
Special design or Mixed design
3) State the advantages of experimental method.
- Its power to determine casual relationship is much better that that of all other methods
- The influence of extraneous variable can be more effectively controlled
- The element of human error is more reduced
- More conditions may be created and tested in this method
- This method yields generally exact measurement and it can be repeated.
Variable : The treatment variable
Null Hypothesis : Hypothesis, that there is no evidence that the treatment has an effect
Experimental Hypothesis : A prediction that the treatment will cause an effect
Randomisation : A tool used to establish internal variability
Mixed Design : A special design where one factor is between and the other is within.
Source:IGNOU Study Material